About Me

London, United Kingdom
This blog is neither trendy or exclusive. It is a record of the creative efforts made by two equally extravagant but ever so different sisters in their attempt to gather up the pieces of their relationship. So far this has included Tom&Jerry cakes, hand made skirts, late night phone calls, silhouette portraits, documenting scenic walks, hospital rooms and many, many illustrated letters. Like all things worthwhile this journey is undoubtedly going to be long. And loud. And colourful. And blissfully exhausting, but we hope that you'll come along, or at least watch from a distance as we serve up the fruits of our joys and frustrations each Sunday until death do us part. Or until we grow out of puberty and realize we were being irrational and really just want to be accountants.

Monday 30 May 2011

Week 49

Heya chicks,
You know those days where you wake up with a tiny harmonica round your neck and get called to the Crown Plaza to see an old friend, sticky with alcopop and wearing somebody else's clothes? It's been one of those weeks. And while it's been brilliantly messy and fun we are now absolutely cream-crackered, sporting bruises and sleepy smiles, so we leave you with just a little quote from the lovely Lizzie Lay:

Every roll of toilet paper comes with a free telescope in the middle.

Hope you have an amazing week!






Found this absolutely brilliant idea in the latest issue of Frankie magazine and thought it was a good enough excuse to go ape shit in Paperchase and spend a whole afternoon cutting out paper hexagons. I'm not entirely sure where I want to stick them up yet, nor do I possess that amount of blu-tak, but will be sure to post a picture once I've plastered one of the walls in all this paper-quilt glory.
Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
Released in 2008 this album by Seattle based band was an instand success in both the UK and the US.Described as 'Baroque harmonic pop jams' which is a slight understatement to this quartets vocal harmonies and woozy folky feel. Despite the fact that they were all found via the internet this group of 20 somethings work and sound amazing together.Majority of songs are simple, yet terribly enjoyable. If you like Arcade Fire then you'll definatly like Fleet Foxes. Personal favourites would be 'Sun It Rises' and 'White Winter Hymnal'


Citizen Kane- Orson Wells

I just went onto old Wiki to find some interesting background info about the film (you're not supposed to admit that's where you get your information from are you?) and got completely overwhelmed. I have the feeling that this film alone is keeping at least 50 university lecturers in jobs at this very moment, so I will not add to the internet landfill by spinning my own little interpretation of the American dream. It is a good film. You should watch it. The set design is amazing. I probably can't offer much more than that, but I will say that while everyone is already raving about this cinematic bad boy, I'd like to give a shout out to BBC Iplayer, which has allowed me to watch Citizen Kane, and many many other great films, for free and without any of the hassle of downloading. Thank you BBC.


Super magic destination- Somewhere near the Oxo Tower

Next time you've got a sunny evening free I suggest you print this little map off, grab a bike and cycle over with a couple of friends in tow and enough money for a bottle of wine and a pizza. Unfortunately I can't say where, exactly, you should cycle to as Google Maps refuses to give me a name for the place but spotting it on satellite view has convinced me that it does in fact exist and wasn't a lovely and very elaborate hallucination. I won't spoil the intrigue a treasure map creates (and this is a treasure map), but will summarise the destination as so: fairy lights, wooden shacks, drift wood tables, tacky shops, faded advertisements, by the river, Mediterranean tourist spot. I hope you like it.


Also...




I remember when I was 16 Chelsea and I had a competition of who could steal the most educational posters off the school walls over a few months. I ended up with some shitty cartoons about the dangers of smoking and one about the ocean's eco system, but who knows, perhaps in a couple of generations time they'll be vintage or retro or whatever and I can sell them on to some greasy teenager with too much money and a silly haircut. Until then here is an entire blog dedicated to scientific drawings that deserve to make the cut.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You made the paper quilt project! You are great!!!

    ReplyDelete